| Age | Commit message (Collapse) | Author | Files | Lines |
|
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc
Pull ARM SoC cleanups from Arnd Bergmann:
"These cleanup patches are mainly move stuff around and should all be
harmless. They are mainly split out so that other branches can be
based on top to avoid conflicts.
Notable changes are:
- We finally remove all mach/timex.h, after CLOCK_TICK_RATE is no
longer used (Uwe Kleine-König)
- The Qualcomm MSM platform is split out into legacy mach-msm and
new-style mach-qcom, to allow easier maintainance of the new
hardware support without regressions (Kumar Gala)
- A rework of some of the Kconfig logic to simplify multiplatform
support (Rob Herring)
- Samsung Exynos gets closer to supporting multiplatform (Sachin
Kamat and others)
- mach-bcm3528 gets merged into mach-bcm (Stephen Warren)
- at91 gains some common clock framework support (Alexandre Belloni,
Jean-Jacques Hiblot and other French people)"
* tag 'cleanup-3.15' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc: (89 commits)
ARM: hisi: select HAVE_ARM_SCU only for SMP
ARM: efm32: allow uncompress debug output
ARM: prima2: build reset code standalone
ARM: at91: add PWM clock
ARM: at91: move sam9261 SoC to common clk
ARM: at91: prepare common clk transition for sam9261 SoC
ARM: at91: updated the at91_dt_defconfig with support for the ADS7846
ARM: at91: dt: sam9261: Device Tree support for the at91sam9261ek
ARM: at91: dt: defconfig: Added the sam9261 to the list of DT-enabled SOCs
ARM: at91: dt: Add at91sam9261 dt SoC support
ARM: at91: switch sam9rl to common clock framework
ARM: at91/dt: define main clk frequency of at91sam9rlek
ARM: at91/dt: define at91sam9rl clocks
ARM: at91: prepare common clk transition for sam9rl SoCs
ARM: at91: prepare sam9 dt boards transition to common clk
ARM: at91: dt: sam9rl: Device Tree for the at91sam9rlek
ARM: at91/defconfig: Add the sam9rl to the list of DT-enabled SOCs
ARM: at91: Add at91sam9rl DT SoC support
ARM: at91: prepare at91sam9rl DT transition
ARM: at91/defconfig: refresh at91sam9260_9g20_defconfig
...
|
|
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc
Pull ARM SoC non-critical bug fixes from Arnd Bergmann:
"Lots of isolated bug fixes that were not found to be important enough
to be submitted before the merge window or backported into stable
kernels.
The vast majority of these came out of Arnd's randconfig testing and
just prevents running into build-time bugs in configurations that we
do not care about in practice"
* tag 'fixes-non-critical-3.15' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc: (75 commits)
ARM: at91: fix a typo
ARM: moxart: fix CPU selection
ARM: tegra: fix board DT pinmux setup
ARM: nspire: Fix compiler warning
IXP4xx: Fix DMA masks.
Revert "ARM: ixp4xx: Make dma_set_coherent_mask common, correct implementation"
IXP4xx: Fix Goramo Multilink GPIO conversion.
Revert "ARM: ixp4xx: fix gpio rework"
ARM: tegra: make debug_ll code build for ARMv6
ARM: sunxi: fix build for THUMB2_KERNEL
ARM: exynos: add missing include of linux/module.h
ARM: exynos: fix l2x0 saved regs handling
ARM: samsung: select CRC32 for SAMSUNG_PM_CHECK
ARM: samsung: select ATAGS where necessary
ARM: samsung: fix SAMSUNG_PM_DEBUG Kconfig logic
ARM: samsung: allow serial driver to be disabled
ARM: s5pv210: enable IDE support in MACH_TORBRECK
ARM: s5p64x0: fix building with only one soc type
ARM: s3c64xx: select power domains only when used
ARM: s3c64xx: MACH_SMDK6400 needs HSMMC1
...
|
|
Pull ARM changes from Russell King:
- Perf updates from Will Deacon:
- Support for Qualcomm Krait processors (run perf on your phone!)
- Support for Cortex-A12 (run perf stat on your FPGA!)
- Support for perf_sample_event_took, allowing us to automatically decrease
the sample rate if we can't handle the PMU interrupts quickly enough
(run perf record on your FPGA!).
- Basic uprobes support from David Long:
This patch series adds basic uprobes support to ARM. It is based on
patches developed earlier by Rabin Vincent. That approach of adding
hooks into the kprobes instruction parsing code was not well received.
This approach separates the ARM instruction parsing code in kprobes out
into a separate set of functions which can be used by both kprobes and
uprobes. Both kprobes and uprobes then provide their own semantic action
tables to process the results of the parsing.
- ARMv7M (microcontroller) updates from Uwe Kleine-König
- OMAP DMA updates (recently added Vinod's Ack even though they've been
sitting in linux-next for a few months) to reduce the reliance of
omap-dma on the code in arch/arm.
- SA11x0 changes from Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov and Alexander Shiyan
- Support for Cortex-A12 CPU
- Align support for ARMv6 with ARMv7 so they can cooperate better in a
single zImage.
- Addition of first AT_HWCAP2 feature bits for ARMv8 crypto support.
- Removal of IRQ_DISABLED from various ARM files
- Improved efficiency of virt_to_page() for single zImage
- Patch from Ulf Hansson to permit runtime PM callbacks to be available for
AMBA devices for suspend/resume as well.
- Finally kill asm/system.h on ARM.
* 'for-linus' of git://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/linux-arm: (89 commits)
dmaengine: omap-dma: more consolidation of CCR register setup
dmaengine: omap-dma: move IRQ handling to omap-dma
dmaengine: omap-dma: move register read/writes into omap-dma.c
ARM: omap: dma: get rid of 'p' allocation and clean up
ARM: omap: move dma channel allocation into plat-omap code
ARM: omap: dma: get rid of errata global
ARM: omap: clean up DMA register accesses
ARM: omap: remove almost-const variables
ARM: omap: remove references to disable_irq_lch
dmaengine: omap-dma: cleanup errata 3.3 handling
dmaengine: omap-dma: provide register read/write functions
dmaengine: omap-dma: use cached CCR value when enabling DMA
dmaengine: omap-dma: move barrier to omap_dma_start_desc()
dmaengine: omap-dma: move clnk_ctrl setting to preparation functions
dmaengine: omap-dma: improve efficiency loading C.SA/C.EI/C.FI registers
dmaengine: omap-dma: consolidate clearing channel status register
dmaengine: omap-dma: move CCR buffering disable errata out of the fast path
dmaengine: omap-dma: provide register definitions
dmaengine: omap-dma: consolidate setup of CCR
dmaengine: omap-dma: consolidate setup of CSDP
...
|
|
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel into drm-next
Merge window -fixes pull request as usual. Well, I did sneak in Jani's
drm_i915_private_t typedef removal, need to have fun with a big sed job
too ;-)
Otherwise:
- hdmi interlaced fixes (Jesse&Ville)
- pipe error/underrun/crc tracking fixes, regression in late 3.14-rc (but
not cc: stable since only really relevant for igt runs)
- large cursor wm fixes (Chris)
- fix gpu turbo boost/throttle again, was getting stuck due to vlv rps
patches (Chris+Imre)
- fix runtime pm fallout (Paulo)
- bios framebuffer inherit fix (Chris)
- a few smaller things
* tag 'drm-intel-fixes-2014-04-04' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel: (196 commits)
Skip intel_crt_init for Dell XPS 8700
drm/i915: vlv: fix RPS interrupt mask setting
Revert "drm/i915/vlv: fixup DDR freq detection per Punit spec"
drm/i915: move power domain init earlier during system resume
drm/i915: Fix the computation of required fb size for pipe
drm/i915: don't get/put runtime PM at the debugfs forcewake file
drm/i915: fix WARNs when reading DDI state while suspended
drm/i915: don't read cursor registers on powered down pipes
drm/i915: get runtime PM at i915_display_info
drm/i915: don't read pp_ctrl_reg if we're suspended
drm/i915: get runtime PM at i915_reg_read_ioctl
drm/i915: don't schedule force_wake_timer at gen6_read
drm/i915: vlv: reserve the GT power context only once during driver init
drm/i915: prefer struct drm_i915_private to drm_i915_private_t
drm/i915/overlay: prefer struct drm_i915_private to drm_i915_private_t
drm/i915/ringbuffer: prefer struct drm_i915_private to drm_i915_private_t
drm/i915/display: prefer struct drm_i915_private to drm_i915_private_t
drm/i915/irq: prefer struct drm_i915_private to drm_i915_private_t
drm/i915/gem: prefer struct drm_i915_private to drm_i915_private_t
drm/i915/dma: prefer struct drm_i915_private to drm_i915_private_t
...
|
|
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/tegra/linux into drm-next
drm/tegra: Changes for v3.15-rc1
Implement eDP support for Tegra124 and support the PRIME vmap()/vunmap()
operations.
A symbol that is required for upcoming V4L2 support is now exported by
the host1x driver.
Relicense drivers under the GPL v2 for consistency. One exception is the
public header file, which is relicensed under MIT to abide by the common
rule.
* tag 'drm/tegra/for-3.15-rc1' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/tegra/linux:
drm/tegra: Use standard GPL v2 license text
drm/tegra: Relicense under GPL v2
drm/tegra: Relicense public header under MIT
drm/tegra: Add eDP support
gpu: host1x: export host1x_syncpt_incr_max() function
drm/tegra: prime: Add vmap support
|
|
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tomba/linux
Pull fbdev changes from Tomi Valkeinen:
"Various fbdev fixes and improvements, but nothing big"
* tag 'fbdev-main-3.15' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tomba/linux: (38 commits)
fbdev: Make the switch from generic to native driver less alarming
Video: atmel: avoid the id of fix screen info is overwritten
video: imxfb: Add DT default contrast control register property.
video: atmel_lcdfb: ensure the hardware is initialized with the correct mode
fbdev: vesafb: add dev->remove() callback
fbdev: efifb: add dev->remove() callback
video: pxa3xx-gcu: switch to devres functions
video: pxa3xx-gcu: provide an empty .open call
video: pxa3xx-gcu: pass around struct device *
video: pxa3xx-gcu: rename some symbols
sisfb: fix 1280x720 resolution support
video: fbdev: uvesafb: Remove impossible code path in uvesafb_init_info
video: fbdev: uvesafb: Remove redundant NULL check in uvesafb_remove
fbdev: FB_OPENCORES should depend on HAS_DMA
OMAPDSS: convert pixel clock to common videomode style
OMAPDSS: Remove unused get_context_loss_count support
OMAPDSS: use DISPC register to detect context loss
video: da8xx-fb: Use "SIMPLE_DEV_PM_OPS" macro
video: imxfb: Convert to SIMPLE_DEV_PM_OPS
video: imxfb: Resolve mismatch between backlight/contrast
...
|
|
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/random
Pull /dev/random changes from Ted Ts'o:
"A number of cleanups plus support for the RDSEED instruction, which
will be showing up in Intel Broadwell CPU's"
* tag 'random_for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/random:
random: Add arch_has_random[_seed]()
random: If we have arch_get_random_seed*(), try it before blocking
random: Use arch_get_random_seed*() at init time and once a second
x86, random: Enable the RDSEED instruction
random: use the architectural HWRNG for the SHA's IV in extract_buf()
random: clarify bits/bytes in wakeup thresholds
random: entropy_bytes is actually bits
random: simplify accounting code
random: tighten bound on random_read_wakeup_thresh
random: forget lock in lockless accounting
random: simplify accounting logic
random: fix comment on "account"
random: simplify loop in random_read
random: fix description of get_random_bytes
random: fix comment on proc_do_uuid
random: fix typos / spelling errors in comments
|
|
Announce our support for osdmaps with non-default primary affinity
values.
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
|
|
In preparation for adding support for primary_temp, stop assuming
primaryness: add a primary out parameter to ceph_calc_pg_acting() and
change call sites accordingly. Primary is now specified separately
from the order of osds in the set.
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
|
|
Switch ceph_calc_pg_acting() to new helpers: pg_to_raw_osds(),
raw_to_up_osds() and apply_temps().
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
|
|
Bring in pg_pool_t::can_shift_osds() counterpart along with pool type
defines.
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
|
|
Sync up with ceph.git definitions. Bring in ceph_osd_is_down().
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
|
|
Announce our support for "new" (v7 - split and separately versioned
client and osd sections) osdmap enconding.
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
|
|
Add primary_affinity infrastructure. primary_affinity values are
stored in an max_osd-sized array, hanging off ceph_osdmap, similar to
a osd_weight array.
Introduce {get,set}_primary_affinity() helpers, primarily to return
CEPH_OSD_DEFAULT_PRIMARY_AFFINITY when no affinity has been set and to
abstract out osd_primary_affinity array allocation and initialization.
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
|
|
Add primary_temp mappings infrastructure. struct ceph_pg_mapping is
overloaded, primary_temp mappings are stored in an rb-tree, rooted at
ceph_osdmap, in a manner similar to pg_temp mappings.
Dump primary_temp mappings to /sys/kernel/debug/ceph/<client>/osdmap,
one 'primary_temp <pgid> <osd>' per line, e.g:
primary_temp 2.6 4
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
|
|
In preparation for adding support for primary_temp mappings, generalize
struct ceph_pg_mapping so it can hold mappings other than pg_temp.
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
|
|
Split osdmap allocation and initialization into a separate function,
ceph_osdmap_decode().
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Elder <elder@linaro.org>
|
|
Add TUNABLES3 feature (chooseleaf_vary_r tunable) to a set of features
supported by default.
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Josh Durgin <josh.durgin@inktank.com>
|
|
This lets you adjust the vary_r tunable on a per-rule basis.
Reflects ceph.git commit f944ccc20aee60a7d8da7e405ec75ad1cd449fac.
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Josh Durgin <josh.durgin@inktank.com>
|
|
The current crush_choose_firstn code will re-use the same 'r' value for
the recursive call. That means that if we are hitting a collision or
rejection for some reason (say, an OSD that is marked out) and need to
retry, we will keep making the same (bad) choice in that recursive
selection.
Introduce a tunable that fixes that behavior by incorporating the parent
'r' value into the recursive starting point, so that a different path
will be taken in subsequent placement attempts.
Note that this was done from the get-go for the new crush_choose_indep
algorithm.
This was exposed by a user who was seeing PGs stuck in active+remapped
after reweight-by-utilization because the up set mapped to a single OSD.
Reflects ceph.git commit a8e6c9fbf88bad056dd05d3eb790e98a5e43451a.
Signed-off-by: Ilya Dryomov <ilya.dryomov@inktank.com>
Reviewed-by: Josh Durgin <josh.durgin@inktank.com>
|
|
flock and posix lock should use fl->fl_file instead of process ID
as owner identifier. (posix lock uses fl->fl_owner. fl->fl_owner
is usually equal to fl->fl_file, but it also can be a customized
value). The process ID of who holds the lock is just for F_GETLK
fcntl(2).
The fix is rename the 'pid' fields of struct ceph_mds_request_args
and struct ceph_filelock to 'owner', rename 'pid_namespace' fields
to 'pid'. Assign fl->fl_file to the 'owner' field of lock messages.
We also set the most significant bit of the 'owner' field. MDS can
use that bit to distinguish between old and new clients.
The MDS counterpart of this patch modifies the flock code to not
take the 'pid_namespace' into consideration when checking conflict
locks.
Signed-off-by: Yan, Zheng <zheng.z.yan@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Sage Weil <sage@inktank.com>
|
|
Pull xfs update from Dave Chinner:
"There are a couple of new fallocate features in this request - it was
decided that it was easiest to push them through the XFS tree using
topic branches and have the ext4 support be based on those branches.
Hence you may see some overlap with the ext4 tree merge depending on
how they including those topic branches into their tree. Other than
that, there is O_TMPFILE support, some cleanups and bug fixes.
The main changes in the XFS tree for 3.15-rc1 are:
- O_TMPFILE support
- allowing AIO+DIO writes beyond EOF
- FALLOC_FL_COLLAPSE_RANGE support for fallocate syscall and XFS
implementation
- FALLOC_FL_ZERO_RANGE support for fallocate syscall and XFS
implementation
- IO verifier cleanup and rework
- stack usage reduction changes
- vm_map_ram NOIO context fixes to remove lockdep warings
- various bug fixes and cleanups"
* tag 'xfs-for-linus-3.15-rc1' of git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs: (34 commits)
xfs: fix directory hash ordering bug
xfs: extra semi-colon breaks a condition
xfs: Add support for FALLOC_FL_ZERO_RANGE
fs: Introduce FALLOC_FL_ZERO_RANGE flag for fallocate
xfs: inode log reservations are still too small
xfs: xfs_check_page_type buffer checks need help
xfs: avoid AGI/AGF deadlock scenario for inode chunk allocation
xfs: use NOIO contexts for vm_map_ram
xfs: don't leak EFSBADCRC to userspace
xfs: fix directory inode iolock lockdep false positive
xfs: allocate xfs_da_args to reduce stack footprint
xfs: always do log forces via the workqueue
xfs: modify verifiers to differentiate CRC from other errors
xfs: print useful caller information in xfs_error_report
xfs: add xfs_verifier_error()
xfs: add helper for updating checksums on xfs_bufs
xfs: add helper for verifying checksums on xfs_bufs
xfs: Use defines for CRC offsets in all cases
xfs: skip pointless CRC updates after verifier failures
xfs: Add support FALLOC_FL_COLLAPSE_RANGE for fallocate
...
|
|
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4
Pull ext4 updates from Ted Ts'o:
"Major changes for 3.14 include support for the newly added ZERO_RANGE
and COLLAPSE_RANGE fallocate operations, and scalability improvements
in the jbd2 layer and in xattr handling when the extended attributes
spill over into an external block.
Other than that, the usual clean ups and minor bug fixes"
* tag 'ext4_for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4: (42 commits)
ext4: fix premature freeing of partial clusters split across leaf blocks
ext4: remove unneeded test of ret variable
ext4: fix comment typo
ext4: make ext4_block_zero_page_range static
ext4: atomically set inode->i_flags in ext4_set_inode_flags()
ext4: optimize Hurd tests when reading/writing inodes
ext4: kill i_version support for Hurd-castrated file systems
ext4: each filesystem creates and uses its own mb_cache
fs/mbcache.c: doucple the locking of local from global data
fs/mbcache.c: change block and index hash chain to hlist_bl_node
ext4: Introduce FALLOC_FL_ZERO_RANGE flag for fallocate
ext4: refactor ext4_fallocate code
ext4: Update inode i_size after the preallocation
ext4: fix partial cluster handling for bigalloc file systems
ext4: delete path dealloc code in ext4_ext_handle_uninitialized_extents
ext4: only call sync_filesystm() when remounting read-only
fs: push sync_filesystem() down to the file system's remount_fs()
jbd2: improve error messages for inconsistent journal heads
jbd2: minimize region locked by j_list_lock in jbd2_journal_forget()
jbd2: minimize region locked by j_list_lock in journal_get_create_access()
...
|
|
Pull file locking updates from Jeff Layton:
"Highlights:
- maintainership change for fs/locks.c. Willy's not interested in
maintaining it these days, and is OK with Bruce and I taking it.
- fix for open vs setlease race that Al ID'ed
- cleanup and consolidation of file locking code
- eliminate unneeded BUG() call
- merge of file-private lock implementation"
* 'locks-3.15' of git://git.samba.org/jlayton/linux:
locks: make locks_mandatory_area check for file-private locks
locks: fix locks_mandatory_locked to respect file-private locks
locks: require that flock->l_pid be set to 0 for file-private locks
locks: add new fcntl cmd values for handling file private locks
locks: skip deadlock detection on FL_FILE_PVT locks
locks: pass the cmd value to fcntl_getlk/getlk64
locks: report l_pid as -1 for FL_FILE_PVT locks
locks: make /proc/locks show IS_FILE_PVT locks as type "FLPVT"
locks: rename locks_remove_flock to locks_remove_file
locks: consolidate checks for compatible filp->f_mode values in setlk handlers
locks: fix posix lock range overflow handling
locks: eliminate BUG() call when there's an unexpected lock on file close
locks: add __acquires and __releases annotations to locks_start and locks_stop
locks: remove "inline" qualifier from fl_link manipulation functions
locks: clean up comment typo
locks: close potential race between setlease and open
MAINTAINERS: update entry for fs/locks.c
|
|
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mszeredi/vfs
Pull renameat2 system call from Miklos Szeredi:
"This adds a new syscall, renameat2(), which is the same as renameat()
but with a flags argument.
The purpose of extending rename is to add cross-rename, a symmetric
variant of rename, which exchanges the two files. This allows
interesting things, which were not possible before, for example
atomically replacing a directory tree with a symlink, etc... This
also allows overlayfs and friends to operate on whiteouts atomically.
Andy Lutomirski also suggested a "noreplace" flag, which disables the
overwriting behavior of rename.
These two flags, RENAME_EXCHANGE and RENAME_NOREPLACE are only
implemented for ext4 as an example and for testing"
* 'cross-rename' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mszeredi/vfs:
ext4: add cross rename support
ext4: rename: split out helper functions
ext4: rename: move EMLINK check up
ext4: rename: create ext4_renament structure for local vars
vfs: add cross-rename
vfs: lock_two_nondirectories: allow directory args
security: add flags to rename hooks
vfs: add RENAME_NOREPLACE flag
vfs: add renameat2 syscall
vfs: rename: use common code for dir and non-dir
vfs: rename: move d_move() up
vfs: add d_is_dir()
|
|
Tegra V4L2 camera driver needs this function to do frame capture.
Signed-off-by: Bryan Wu <pengw@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
|
|
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input
Pull input updates from Dmitry Torokhov:
"The first round of updates for the input subsystem.
Just new drivers and existing driver fixes, no core changes except for
the new uinput IOCTL to allow userspace to fetch sysfs name of the
input device that was created"
* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input: (43 commits)
Input: edt-ft5x06 - add a missing condition
Input: appletouch - fix jumps when additional fingers are detected
Input: appletouch - implement sensor data smoothing
Input: add driver for SOC button array
Input: pm8xxx-vibrator - add DT match table
Input: pmic8xxx-pwrkey - migrate to DT
Input: pmic8xxx-keypad - migrate to DT
Input: pmic8xxx-keypad - migrate to regmap APIs
Input: pmic8xxx-keypad - migrate to devm_* APIs
Input: pmic8xxx-keypad - fix build by removing gpio configuration
Input: add new driver for ARM CLPS711X keypad
Input: edt-ft5x06 - add support for M09 firmware version
Input: edt-ft5x06 - ignore touchdown events
Input: edt-ft5x06 - adjust delays to conform datasheet
Input: edt-ft5x06 - add DT support
Input: edt-ft5x06 - several cleanups; no functional change
Input: appletouch - dial back fuzz setting
Input: remove obsolete tnetv107x drivers
Input: sirfsoc-onkey - set the capability of reporting KEY_POWER
Input: da9052_onkey - use correct register bit for key status
...
|
|
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband
Pull infiniband updates from Roland Dreier:
"Main batch of InfiniBand/RDMA changes for 3.15:
- The biggest change is core API extensions and mlx5 low-level driver
support for handling DIF/DIX-style protection information, and the
addition of PI support to the iSER initiator. Target support will
be arriving shortly through the SCSI target tree.
- A nice simplification to the "umem" memory pinning library now that
we have chained sg lists. Kudos to Yishai Hadas for realizing our
code didn't have to be so crazy.
- Another nice simplification to the sg wrappers used by qib, ipath
and ehca to handle their mapping of memory to adapter.
- The usual batch of fixes to bugs found by static checkers etc.
from intrepid people like Dan Carpenter and Yann Droneaud.
- A large batch of cxgb4, ocrdma, qib driver updates"
* tag 'rdma-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband: (102 commits)
RDMA/ocrdma: Unregister inet notifier when unloading ocrdma
RDMA/ocrdma: Fix warnings about pointer <-> integer casts
RDMA/ocrdma: Code clean-up
RDMA/ocrdma: Display FW version
RDMA/ocrdma: Query controller information
RDMA/ocrdma: Support non-embedded mailbox commands
RDMA/ocrdma: Handle CQ overrun error
RDMA/ocrdma: Display proper value for max_mw
RDMA/ocrdma: Use non-zero tag in SRQ posting
RDMA/ocrdma: Memory leak fix in ocrdma_dereg_mr()
RDMA/ocrdma: Increment abi version count
RDMA/ocrdma: Update version string
be2net: Add abi version between be2net and ocrdma
RDMA/ocrdma: ABI versioning between ocrdma and be2net
RDMA/ocrdma: Allow DPP QP creation
RDMA/ocrdma: Read ASIC_ID register to select asic_gen
RDMA/ocrdma: SQ and RQ doorbell offset clean up
RDMA/ocrdma: EQ full catastrophe avoidance
RDMA/cxgb4: Disable DSGL use by default
RDMA/cxgb4: rx_data() needs to hold the ep mutex
...
|
|
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio
Pull bulk of gpio updates from Linus Walleij:
"A pretty big chunk of changes this time, but it has all been on
rotation in linux-next and had some testing. Of course there will be
some amount of fixes on top...
- Merged in a branch of irqchip changes from Thomas Gleixner: we need
to have new callbacks from the irqchip to determine if the GPIO
line will be eligible for IRQs, and this callback must be able to
say "no". After some thinking I got the branch from tglx and have
switched all current users over to use this.
- Based on tglx patches, we have added some generic irqchip helpers
in the gpiolib core. These will help centralize code when GPIO
drivers have simple chained/cascaded IRQs. Drivers will still
define their irqchip vtables, but the gpiolib core will take care
of irqdomain set-up, mapping from local offsets to Linux irqs, and
reserve resources by marking the GPIO lines for IRQs.
- Initially the PL061 and Nomadik GPIO/pin control drivers have been
switched over to use the new gpiochip-to-irqchip infrastructure
with more drivers expected for the next kernel cycle. The
factoring of just two drivers still makes it worth it so it is
already a win.
- A new driver for the Synopsys DesignWare APB GPIO block.
- Modify the DaVinci GPIO driver to be reusable also for the new TI
Keystone architecture.
- A new driver for the LSI ZEVIO SoCs.
- Delete the obsolte tnetv107x driver.
- Some incremental work on GPIO descriptors: have
gpiod_direction_output() use a logical level, respecting assertion
polarity through ACTIVE_LOW flags, adding gpiod_direction_output_raw()
for the case where you want to set that very value. Add
gpiochip_get_desc() to fetch a GPIO descriptor from a specific
offset on a certain chip inside driver code.
- Switch ACPI GPIO code over to using gpiochip_get_desc() and get rid
of gpio_to_desc().
- The ACPI GPIO event handling code has been reworked after
encountering an actual real life implementation.
- Support for ACPI GPIO operation regions.
- Generic GPIO chips can now be assigned labels/names from platform
data.
- We now clamp values returned from GPIO drivers to the boolean [0,1]
range.
- Some improved documentation on how to use the polarity flag was
added.
- a large slew of incremental driver updates and non-critical fixes.
Some targeted for stable"
* tag 'gpio-v3.15-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-gpio: (80 commits)
gpio: rcar: Add helper variable dev = &pdev->dev
gpio-lynxpoint: force gpio_get() to return "1" and "0" only
gpio: unmap gpio irqs properly
pch_gpio: set value before enabling output direction
gpio: moxart: Actually set output state in moxart_gpio_direction_output()
gpio: moxart: Avoid forward declaration
gpio: mxs: Allow for recursive enable_irq_wake() call
gpio: samsung: Add missing "break" statement
gpio: twl4030: Remove redundant assignment
gpio: dwapb: correct gpio-cells in binding document
gpio: iop: fix devm_ioremap_resource() return value checking
pinctrl: coh901: convert driver to use gpiolib irqchip
pinctrl: nomadik: convert driver to use gpiolib irqchip
gpio: pl061: convert driver to use gpiolib irqchip
gpio: add IRQ chip helpers in gpiolib
pinctrl: nomadik: factor in platform data container
pinctrl: nomadik: rename secondary to latent
gpio: Driver for SYSCON-based GPIOs
gpio: generic: Use platform_device_id->driver_data field for driver flags
pinctrl: coh901: move irq line locking to resource callbacks
...
|
|
|
|
'unstable/sa11x0' into for-next
|
|
Export the DMA register information from the SoC specific data, such
that we can access the registers directly in omap-dma.c, mapping the
register region ourselves as well.
Rather than calculating the DMA channel register in its entirety for
each access, we pre-calculate an offset base address for the allocated
DMA channel and then just use the appropriate register offset.
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Acked-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
|
|
This really needs to be there, because otherwise the plat-omap code can
kfree() this data structure, and then re-use the pointer later.
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
|
|
We can do much better with this by using a structure to describe each
register, rather than code.
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
|
|
The disable_irq_lch method is never actually used, so there's not much
point it existing; remove it.
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
|
|
Program the transfer parameters directly into the hardware, rather
than using the functions in arch/arm/plat-omap/dma.c.
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Acked-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
|
|
Provide and use a hook to obtain the underlying DMA platform operations
so that omap-dma.c can access the hardware more directly without
involving the legacy DMA driver.
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Acked-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
|
|
Merge first patch-bomb from Andrew Morton:
- Various misc bits
- kmemleak fixes
- small befs, codafs, cifs, efs, freexxfs, hfsplus, minixfs, reiserfs things
- fanotify
- I appear to have become SuperH maintainer
- ocfs2 updates
- direct-io tweaks
- a bit of the MM queue
- printk updates
- MAINTAINERS maintenance
- some backlight things
- lib/ updates
- checkpatch updates
- the rtc queue
- nilfs2 updates
- Small Documentation/ updates
* emailed patches from Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>: (237 commits)
Documentation/SubmittingPatches: remove references to patch-scripts
Documentation/SubmittingPatches: update some dead URLs
Documentation/filesystems/ntfs.txt: remove changelog reference
Documentation/kmemleak.txt: updates
fs/reiserfs/super.c: add __init to init_inodecache
fs/reiserfs: move prototype declaration to header file
fs/hfsplus/attributes.c: add __init to hfsplus_create_attr_tree_cache()
fs/hfsplus/extents.c: fix concurrent acess of alloc_blocks
fs/hfsplus/extents.c: remove unused variable in hfsplus_get_block
nilfs2: update project's web site in nilfs2.txt
nilfs2: update MAINTAINERS file entries fix
nilfs2: verify metadata sizes read from disk
nilfs2: add FITRIM ioctl support for nilfs2
nilfs2: add nilfs_sufile_trim_fs to trim clean segs
nilfs2: implementation of NILFS_IOCTL_SET_SUINFO ioctl
nilfs2: add nilfs_sufile_set_suinfo to update segment usage
nilfs2: add struct nilfs_suinfo_update and flags
nilfs2: update MAINTAINERS file entries
fs/coda/inode.c: add __init to init_inodecache()
BEFS: logging cleanup
...
|
|
Add code to check sizes of on-disk data of metadata files such as inode
size, segment usage size, DAT entry size, and checkpoint size. Although
these sizes are read from disk, the current implementation doesn't check
them.
If these sizes are not sane on disk, it can cause out-of-range access to
metadata or memory access overrun on metadata block buffers due to
overflow in sundry calculations.
Both lower limit and upper limit of metadata sizes are verified to
prevent these issues.
Signed-off-by: Ryusuke Konishi <konishi.ryusuke@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Cc: Andreas Rohner <andreas.rohner@gmx.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
With this ioctl the segment usage entries in the SUFILE can be updated
from userspace.
This is useful, because it allows the userspace GC to modify and update
segment usage entries for specific segments, which enables it to avoid
unnecessary write operations.
If a segment needs to be cleaned, but there is no or very little
reclaimable space in it, the cleaning operation basically degrades to a
useless moving operation. In the end the only thing that changes is the
location of the data and a timestamp in the segment usage information.
With this ioctl the GC can skip the cleaning and update the segment
usage entries directly instead.
This is basically a shortcut to cleaning the segment. It is still
necessary to read the segment summary information, but the writing of
the live blocks can be skipped if it's not worth it.
[konishi.ryusuke@lab.ntt.co.jp: add description of NILFS_IOCTL_SET_SUINFO ioctl]
Signed-off-by: Andreas Rohner <andreas.rohner@gmx.net>
Signed-off-by: Ryusuke Konishi <konishi.ryusuke@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
Add the nilfs_suinfo_update structure, which contains the information
needed to update one segment usage entry. The flags specify, which
fields need to be updated.
Signed-off-by: Andreas Rohner <andreas.rohner@gmx.net>
Signed-off-by: Ryusuke Konishi <konishi.ryusuke@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
Add support for describing the PM8921/PM8058 RTC in device tree.
Additionally:
- drop support for describing the RTC using platform data,
as there are no current in tree users who do so.
- make allow_set_time a device-specific flag, instead of mucking
with the rtc_ops
Signed-off-by: Josh Cartwright <joshc@codeaurora.org>
Reviewed-by: Stephen Boyd <sboyd@codeaurora.org>
Acked-by: Lee Jones <lee.jones@linaro.org>
Cc: Alessandro Zummo <a.zummo@towertech.it>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
Include appropriate header file include/linux/decompress/inflate.h in
lib/decompress_inflate.c because it has prototype declaration of
function defined in lib/decompress_inflate.c.
Also, fix the guard around the header file
include/linux/decompress/inflate.h to use a more unique guard symbol.
This avoids conflict with the INFLATE_H defined by
zlib_inflate/inflate.h.
This eliminates the following warning in lib/decompress_inflate.c:
lib/decompress_inflate.c:35:17: warning: no previous prototype for `gunzip' [-Wmissing-prototypes]
Signed-off-by: Rashika Kheria <rashika.kheria@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
We don't have to update the state and fb_blank properties of a backlight
device every time a blanking or unblanking event comes because they may
have already been what we want. Another thought is that one backlight
device may be shared by multiple framebuffers. The backlight driver
should take the backlight device as a resource shared by all the
associated framebuffers.
This patch adds some logic to record each framebuffer's backlight usage
to determine the backlight device use count and whether the two
properties should be updated or not. To be more specific, only one
unblank operation on a certain blanked framebuffer may increase the
backlight device's use count by one, while one blank operation on a
certain unblanked framebuffer may decrease the use count by one, because
the userspace is likely to unblank an unblanked framebuffer or blank a
blanked framebuffer.
Signed-off-by: Liu Ying <Ying.Liu@freescale.com>
Cc: Jingoo Han <jg1.han@samsung.com>
Cc: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD <plagnioj@jcrosoft.com>
Cc: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
The double asmlinkage was introduced in commit 7ff9554bb578 ("printk:
convert byte-buffer to variable-length record buffer").
Signed-off-by: Simon Kagstrom <simon.kagstrom@netinsight.net>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
The check for the exact log level is already done in printk_get_level.
We do not need to duplicate it in printk_skip_level.
Signed-off-by: Petr Mladek <pmladek@suse.cz>
Cc: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org>
Cc: Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@gmail.com>
Cc: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
Cc: Michal Hocko <mhocko@suse.cz>
Cc: Kay Sievers <kay@vrfy.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
Use the more natural return of bool for these tests.
No difference observed in .o files produced by gcc for x86.
Remove the dentry description of kernel pointers left over from the 90's
and 2002's cleanup move of parts of fs.h to err.h.
Signed-off-by: Joe Perches <joe@perches.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
After commit 6307f8fee295 ("security: remove dead hook task_setgroups"),
set_groups will always return zero, so we could just remove return value
of set_groups.
This patch reduces code size, and simplfies code to use set_groups,
because we don't need to check its return value any more.
[akpm@linux-foundation.org: remove obsolete claims from set_groups() comment]
Signed-off-by: Wang YanQing <udknight@gmail.com>
Cc: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
Cc: Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn@canonical.com>
Cc: Eric Paris <eparis@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
This eliminates the following warning in quota/compat.c:
fs/quota/compat.c:43:17: warning: no previous prototype for `sys32_quotactl' [-Wmissing-prototypes]
Signed-off-by: Rashika Kheria <rashika.kheria@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
Currently kobject_uevent has somewhat unpredictable semantics. The
point is, since it may call a usermode helper and wait for it to execute
(UMH_WAIT_EXEC), it is impossible to say for sure what lock dependencies
it will introduce for the caller - strictly speaking it depends on what
fs the binary is located on and the set of locks fork may take. There
are quite a few kobject_uevent's users that do not take this into
account and call it with various mutexes taken, e.g. rtnl_mutex,
net_mutex, which might potentially lead to a deadlock.
Since there is actually no reason to wait for the usermode helper to
execute there, let's make kobject_uevent start the helper asynchronously
with the aid of the UMH_NO_WAIT flag.
Personally, I'm interested in this, because I really want kobject_uevent
to be called under the slab_mutex in the slub implementation as it used
to be some time ago, because it greatly simplifies synchronization and
automatically fixes a kmemcg-related race. However, there was a
deadlock detected on an attempt to call kobject_uevent under the
slab_mutex (see https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/1/14/45), which was reported
to be fixed by releasing the slab_mutex for kobject_uevent.
Unfortunately, there was no information about who exactly blocked on the
slab_mutex causing the usermode helper to stall, neither have I managed
to find this out or reproduce the issue.
BTW, this is not the first attempt to make kobject_uevent use
UMH_NO_WAIT. Previous one was made by commit f520360d93cd ("kobject:
don't block for each kobject_uevent"), but it was wrong (it passed
arguments allocated on stack to async thread) so it was reverted in
05f54c13cd0c ("Revert "kobject: don't block for each kobject_uevent".").
It targeted on speeding up the boot process though.
Signed-off-by: Vladimir Davydov <vdavydov@parallels.com>
Cc: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <cl@linux.com>
Cc: Pekka Enberg <penberg@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|